JEE (Main) Exam 2022 rescheduled: The National Testing Agency has announced the rescheduling of the JEE (Main) Exam 2022 till July on its official website jeemain.nta.nic.in.
The NTA said in a statement, “In continuation to the Public Notice dated: 14 March 2022, National Testing Agency has decided to reschedule the dates of JEE (Main) – 2022 Session 1 and Session 2 based on the numerous representations received from the candidates.”
According to the new schedule, JEE (Main) 2022 Session 1 will now be held on 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29 June 2022. Jee (Main) 2022 Session 2 exams will be held on 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30 July.
The NTA said that the news on the intimation of city and downloading of admit cards will be shared on the official website later.
The registration for Session 1 is over now. The schedule for inviting the online application forms for Session 2 of JEE (Main) – 2022 will be available soon.
For further clarification related to JEE (Main) – 2022, the candidates can also contact 011-
40759000/011-69227700 or email at email@example.com.
About JEE(Main) 2022
The Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India (GoI) has established the National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent, autonomous, and self-sustained premier testing organization under the Societies Registration Act (1860) for conducting efficient, transparent, and international standardized tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admission to premier higher education institutions with a mission to improve equity and quality in education by developing and administering research-based valid, reliable, efficient, transparent, fair and international level assessments.
NTA has created a system that is promoting teaching (by teachers), learning (by students), and assessment (by parents and institutions). NTA strongly believes in the quality, efficiency, effectiveness, equity, and security of assessments. To practice these values, NTA is constantly engaging with its stakeholders, viz. students, parents, teachers, experts, and partner institutions.
The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Government of India has entrusted the responsibility of conducting the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) to the NTA from 2019 onwards.
The Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main) comprises two papers. Paper 1 is conducted for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs (B.E/B.Tech.) at NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), Institutions/Universities funded/recognized by participating State Governments. JEE (Main) is also an eligibility test for JEE (Advanced), which is conducted for admission to IITs. Paper 2 is conducted for admission to B. Arch and B. Planning courses in the Country.
The JEE (Main) – 2022 will be conducted in 02 (two) sessions for admissions in the academic session 2022-23. The candidates will thus benefit in the following ways:
- This will give two opportunities to the candidates to improve their scores in the examination if they are not able to give their best in one attempt.
- In the first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and will know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the second time.
- This will reduce the chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste an entire year.
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control (such as the Board examination), then he/she will not have to wait for one entire year.
- A candidate need not appear in both Sessions. However, if a candidate appears in more than one Session then his/her best of the JEE (Main) – 2022 NTA Scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List/ Ranking.