HPBOSE 12th Results 2020: The Himachal Pradesh Board of Secondary Education is set has declared the HPBOSE 12th Results 2020 today on its official website hpbose.org. As many as 65,654 students have cleared the class 12 exam successfully this year out of 86,633 candidates appeared. The pass percentage touched at 76.07%, reported Indian Express.
The exams for this year’s Class 12th were scheduled to be held between 4 March and 27 March but some papers had be cancelled due to the sudden announcement of the nationwide lockdown to fight the coronavirus pandemic. The HPBOSE had declared its Class 10th results on 9 June.
Follow these steps to access your results
- Visit the official website of HPBOSE hpbose.org
- Look for the link HPBOSE 12th result 2020
- Click the link and you will be taken to new page
- Submit the details to access your results
- Take the printout and save the page for future references
The Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education is an agency of the Government of Himachal Pradesh. It was founded in the year 1969 as per Himachal Pradesh Act No. 14 of 1968 with its headquarters at Shimla which was later shifted to Dharamshala in January 1983. Its primary function is to prepare academic programmes, prescribe courses of instruction by preparing syllabi for the students and conducting examinations for secondary school students in Himachal Pradesh. HP Board conducts examination for the following classes and courses: 10th, 10+2, J.B.T and T.T.C. As many as 5 Lakh candidates annually appear in the examination conducted by the Board. The board has its jurisdiction from elementary level to senior secondary level and also provides textbooks for all classes from Class 1 to Class 12. In addition to these, the board has set up 26 book distribution/information centres across the state to better equip students by catering to their needs.
Functions Of The Board
- To make necessary arrangements for smooth conduct of public examination at school level. At present, the Board conducts public examinations at Middle, Matriculation and Senior Secondary Level.
- To prescribe the curriculum, courses of studies and text books for school education. The Board has a full- fledged academic wing, having subject experts in all the major subjects. The main responsibility of this wing is to prepare and revise the syllabuses regularly and then prepare text books accordingly.
- To arrange for the preparations, compilation, improvement, publication, printing and sale of text books.
- To make necessary arrangements for affiliations of schools to the Board.
- To make efforts to bring about qualitative improvement in school education.
- To act as an advisory body to the state Govt. regarding School Education.