Congress President Rahul Gandhi tore into the Centre’s Narendra Modi government during a press conference on the leaked audio on the Rafale deal. Taking a potshot at Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the leaked audio tape, where a Goa minister was heard claiming that Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said he had all documents related to the Rafale deal.
Gandhi said that Parrikar was threatening and blackmailing the prime minister of India because he has ‘information’ about the Rafale deal. He also challenged Modi for a ‘one on one’ debate’ on the Rafale deal.
Here are the highlights of Gandhi’s press conference.
- PM Narendra Modi said in an interview that no one was questioning his role in the Rafale deal. I don’t know which world is he living in?
- Prime Minister himself changed the contract to help Anil Ambani
- Prime Minister is involved in corruption. We are asking for JPC. We are very confident that the one moment JPC is formed, two people’s names will appear. One is Narendra Modi and the other is Anil Ambani.
- Did Indian Air Force raise any objections on the new deal?
- Who inflated the price for Rafale jet from Rs 526 crore to Rs 1600 crore?
- Modiji can run away from the debate but the fact that he gave 30,000 crore to Anil Ambani cannot be hidden: Rahul Gandhi
- The question, what files and documents are kept in Parrikar’s bedroom that can impact Narendra Modi.
- Rahul Gandhi asks reporters if they want to hear the tape once again?
- Rahul Gandhi: Arun Jaitley asked where are we quoting the 1600 crore per aircraft figure from? Let me show it. (Plays a video). Jaitley ji you yourself said its a 58,000 crore deal on the floor of the house. Divide 58,000 with 36, it comes to 1600. Jaitley ji, you only gave it to us. This is not our number.
— Congress (@INCIndia) January 2, 2019