Delhi Police on Sunday presented yet another example of just how monstrous it can be when it comes to dealing with grieving senior citizens of India.
The cops, who report to the Centre’s Narendra Modi government, dragged a grieving mother, whose son has been missing for over 20 days from the campus of city’s prestigious Jawaharlal University.
Faced with no response from police and the administration whose control lies in the office of Lieutenant Governor, Najeeb Jung, the mother took her protests to India Gate. But, this was utterly unacceptable to Modi’s police, whose forces moved in with lightening speed to grab the elderly lady before dragging her to the van.
The photo and videos below must haunt both the people in uniform and the central government, which has unashamedly unleashed a reign of terror against anyone, who dares to question the establishment.
As if this wasn’t enough, the cops mercilessly grabbed the missing student’s sister, who was peacefully standing on the side of the road. She kept reminding the women cops that she had not broken any laws and wasn not indulging in any sloganeering. But to no avail as an utterly arrogant male officer refused to find any rationale in her argument and ordered her arrest.
See the video:
The photo of JNU student Najeeb Ahmad’s mother being mercilessly dragged comes in sharp contrast to the photo below, where Bollywood actors John Abraham can be seen posing at the India Gate during the promotion of his upcoming flick Force 2.
John and his team were granted all the permission to go as far as to the highly secured area of Amar Jawan Jyoti under India Gate on 4 November. However, the Modi government found it utterly objectionable for a grieving mother to protest near the same venue. Clearly, her presence was deemed as a major security threat leading to humiliating treatment by monstrous cops of Delhi Police.
Sunday’s development has sent shivers among right-minded citizens, who have already been condemning the central government for silently imposing Emergency by usurping all democratic rights to dissent in the national capital.
Only last week, the city cops had unleashed brutal force against elected representatives of the non-BJP parties by keeping them in detention as they attempted to meet the grieving family members of the soldier, who committed suicide over One Rank One Pension issue.
Delhi Police had also arrested the son of the dead army veteran just hours after his father had left the family in a tragic manner.
As expected today’s development has dominated the social media conversations with an overwhelming majority of users condemning Delhi Police.
Here are some reactions;
Najeeb's mother being dragged and detained by Delhi police near India Gatehttps://t.co/sLUP8vHz6i
— Narendra Yadav (@INarendra7) November 6, 2016
ज़ाहिर है कि पुलिस ख़ुद नहीं करती, अपने आकाओं के आदेश मानती है। पहले कांग्रेस ने पुलिस के पीछे छुपकर अत्याचार किए, अब मोदी जी वही कर रहे हैं https://t.co/vegdV6nkFp
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) November 6, 2016
The Woman being dragged by Police: Mother of Najeeb, who is missing since 22 day after altercation with ABVP goons. She was protesting pic.twitter.com/H56cvBNedQ
— Joy (@Joydas) November 6, 2016
— Rohit Pandey (@aaprohit) November 6, 2016
Nirbhaya's Mother beaten by Police while Protesting
Najeeb's Mother dragged by Police while Protesting
nd Delhi Police Never touches Culprit pic.twitter.com/b20FnRcxSb
— Ankita Shah (@Ankita_Shah8) November 6, 2016
— Shirish Kunder (@ShirishKunder) November 6, 2016
Martyr Grewal's son.
Rohith Vemula's mother.
Delhi Police has orders to rough up anyone who dares & questions Govt/ PM. pic.twitter.com/spGT6J3wE1
— Gaurav Pandhi गौरव पांधी (@GauravPandhi) November 6, 2016
- CPI-M’s general secretary, Sitaram Yechury tweets, “A dead soldier’s family arrested, senior political leaders and a CM detained. Now, the mother of a missing son. Is
@PMOIndia on a maun-vrat?”
- Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal tweets, says he’s going to the police station, where Najeeb’s mother has been detained. His tweet said, “Why have they detained Najeeb’s mother? Am going to the police stn to meet her.
- Renowned Supreme Court lawyer Prashant Bhushan tweets, “Missing JNU student’s mother detained for protesting!Soldier’s son beaten up for meeting opp leaders!Shape of things to come under this govt”
- Congress leader Ahmed Patel tweets, “Strongly condemn the brutal action on Najeeb’s mother & colleagues.”
- Asaduddin Owaisi slams Modi, says, “Where has love for Muslim women gone a Mother wants her son back who is missing from 24 days”
- Kejriwal tweets from police station, “Reached Mayapuri police stn. Police saying she has been sent home in a police van. Will wait here till she reaches home”