In Alwar’s lynching, cops’ priority was to first transfer cows, enjoy refreshment break then take victim Rakbar Khan to hospital


More shocking details have emerged of Friday’s lynching in Rajasthan’s Alwar, where a Muslim man, Rakbar Khan, was lynched by Hindutva terrorists on suspicion of cow smuggling.

Akbar Khan, a resident of Kolgaon in Haryana’s Mewat region, was taking two cows to their village through a forest area near Lalawandi village in Alwar district on Friday night, when a mob consisting of Hindutva terrorists thrashed him.

Ramgarh police station SHO Subhash Sharma told the news agency that the people suspected Khan and his other friend to be cow smugglers. Khan’s friend luckily managed to escape.

It has now emerged that the cops’ priority was never to rush Khan to a nearby hospital. Instead, the men in uniform first rushed to make arrangements for cows to be rehabilitated. It allegedly took the local police nearly three hours to cover the distance of six kms as Khan was brought to the Community Health Centre at around 4 am.

Dr Hasan Ali, who was the duty officer at the CHC, told Times of India, “They (police) brought him at 4 am and as he was brought dead, I directed that the body be shifted to the mortuary.”

According to the FIR, cops were alerted about the  attack on Khan at 12.41 am and the cops were on the spot within 15-20 minutes. It’s alleged that the cops, who reached the lynching spot was never serious about saving Khan’s life. They first made arrangements for the two cows before taking Khan to the hospital. Naval Kishore, a member of the Hindutva gang, confirmed that the two cows, owned by Khan, were brought to a nearby shelter at 3 am.

Kishore, who made the call to the police, told NDTV that he accompanied the police adding that the cops gave Khan a bath, since he was covered in mud, and then took off to run errands.

The cops first stopped at Kishore’s house, to organise transport to ferry the cows to a local cattle shelter. One of his relatives, Maya, told NDTV that she saw “a policeman beating the man inside the vehicle and abusing him.” The man, Maya added, was still alive and cried in pain.

As the arrangement to shift the cows was made, cops walked to a nearby tea stall to have their much-needed refreshment break even as the lynched victim cried in pain.

The Alwar SP, Rajendra Singh, said that he had taken note of the grave allegations against his police personnel and has ordered an inquiry.