At least eight people were killed after a Himachal Road Transport Corporation bus rolled down a gorge at Chhaila near Theog in Shimla district.
The bus, carrying 33 passengers, was on its way to Tikkar from Shimla when the accident took place.
Eight persons, including two women, died on the spot, while the 26 others have been injured.
Deputy Commissioner, Shimla, Amit Kashyap confirmed the deaths, reported Indian Express.
The driver is believed to be among the deceased. Nineteen of the persons injured were treated at the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital in the tourist town. Two people are in a serious condition, reported Hindustan Times.
“So far, the exact cause of the accident is not known,” Superintendent of Police Omapati Jamwal said.
List of deceased persons:
- Mahinder Chouhan, son of Mehar Chand, Thana Tikkar
- Rajeev (Driver), HRTC
- Sunil Sharma, son of Laiq Ram, Village Khasmol Kyar, Tehsil Theog
- Tula Ram, son of Hari Ram, Village Daroti, Post Office Tikkar
- Rohani, wife of Anuj, Village Pdara, Kotkhai
- Motu, wife of Hira Singh, Village P/O- Jais, Tehsil Theog
- Satya, wife of Sohan Lal, Village Rohni, Post Office Tharola, Kotkhai