“I will reveal the truth tomorrow”: Maharashtra Minister Nawab Malik responds to BJP leader’s press conference in support of Sameer Wankhede

0

Maharashtra Minister Nawab Malik has vowed to reveal more truths on Sunday in the Aryan Khan case after a BJP leader held a press conference in support of controversial NCB officer Sameer Wankhede. Calling the BJP leader a member of Wankhede’s private army, Malik said that the press conference was an attempt to ‘divert the attention from the truth.’

He tweeted, “A member of Sameer Dawood Wankhede’s private army just held a Press Conference to misguide and divert the attention from the truth albeit unsuccessfully. I will reveal the truth tomorrow.”

Malik has been relentlessly exposing Wankhede accusing him of arresting Shah Rukh Khan’s son allegedly to extort Rs. 8 crore from the famous superstar. This was alleged by an NCB witness, Prabhakar Sail, in an affidavit. Sail, who worked as Kiran Gosavi’s bodyguard, had alleged that Rs. 25 crore was meant to be collected of which Rs. 8 crore was meant to be given to Wankhede.

Sail’s allegations were confirmed by Sam D’Souza, who told the Bombay High Court that he had indeed received Rs. 50 lakh from Shah Rukh’s manager, Pooja Dadlani.

Malik had also raised questions on Wankhede’s ability to afford an expensive lifestyle with his shoes, watches and shirts costing several lakhs of rupees. Wankhede’s sister had said that her brother saved money to buy expensive accessories every year.

On Saturday, it was reported that Wankhede had been removed from investigating the Aryan Khan case and Special Investigation Team or the SIT
would probe allegations against the controversial officer.

Aryan was arrested on 3 October from a Goa-bound ship before being sent to Mumbai’s Arthur Road jail. He was released on bail by the Bombay High Court on 28 October.

Malik had also alleged that Wankhede had deliberately kept the cases against Deepika Padukone, Sara Ali Khan and Shradha Kapoor to blackmail them in the future.