Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Thursday launched a tirade against Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his alleged involvement in the Rafale deal.
Speaking to reporters, Rahul also attacked Modi for promoting crony capitalism by allegedly helping his friend and business tycoon Anil Ambani in the Rafale deal.
His attack against Ambani came amidst the industrialist sending ‘cease and desist’ notices to several Congress spokespersons besides sending a defamation notice worth Rs 5,000 crore to National Herald, Congress mouthpiece.
Rahul also targeted the central government for demonetisation debacle a day after the Reserve Bank of India said that the note ban had failed to check the black money as originally claimed by Modi.
Here are the highlights of Rahul’s extraordinary press conference:
- The man (PM Modi) is lying (on Rafale deal)
- Prime Minister tried to help Anil Ambani in Rafale Deal
- Our job is to tell the public truth about this government.
- There are clear facts in Rafale case. Anil Ambani has Rs 45, 000Cr debt. He formed the company 10 days before the deal. What is the deal between Anil Ambani and PM Modi?:
- I have no problem in creating a Joint Parliamentary Committee, where all facts can be disclosed
- During UPA regime, NPAs were ₹2.5 lakh crore. It has now jumped to Rs 12.5 lakh crore
- he objective of Demonetisation was very clear. It was to help PM Modi’s friends. Demonetisation was not a mistake, it was a deliberate move
- PM Narendra Modi must answer to the people of this country why this decision was taken and wrecked the economy, something no PM did in the last 70 years
- We have seen in the case of Gujarat’s Cooperative Banks, of which Amit Shah is a Director, where Rs 700Cr worth of money was deposited
- The RBI annual report proves that all his objectives failed. I want to state the real reason behind demonetisation to everyone. PM Modi’s 10-15 capitalist friends were defaulters. He helped them to turn their black money into white.
- PM had promised that black money, terror funding, and fake currency will be eradicated
— Congress (@INCIndia) August 30, 2018