Congress Vice President who has been attacking the Narendra Modi government has yet again slammed it for it alleged ignorance towards pro-poor policies. Addressing a rally in Kerala’s Kozhikode, Rahul said a number of things. We bring you some of his quotes
- Narendra Modi ji won the election because of his industrialist friends so obviously he can’t hurt their interests
- People wink at me, shake my hand and say “We were looking for a word to define this Govt
- PM Modi has been called a fashion icon which is a good thing. But what people don’t like is that he wore a suit worth Rs.10 lakh
- Largest corruption that takes place in the nation is when land is taken away from poor people without any recourse
- On this occasion I want to give them advice – if they carry on like this the poor man won’t let them have 5 birthday parties
- The best definition for this Govt is “suit boot ki sarkar”
The BJP had won a decisive majority in the last year’s general elections and Narendra Modi was sworn in as the new PM on May 26, 2014. The party’s winning streak continued under Modi’s leadership as they won several important assembly elections in Maharashtra, Haryana, Jharkhand and Jammu and Kashmir before facing a near annihilation in Delhi, where it could win only 3 out of 70 assembly seats.
Political commentators say that the most important test for Modi’s popularity will be in Bihar elections, which is likely to be held later this year. Check out our Super-5 questions and vote.