Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Thursday launched a tirade against Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the new revelation in the controversial Rafale deal. Speaking to reporters in Delhi, Gandhi said that the dissent note clearly showed that the Defence Ministry had protested at Modi carrying out parallel talks in the Rafale deal to help his businessman friend Anil Ambani.
This was after a new document published by The Hindu newspaper confirmed the revelation made by Janata Ka Reporter on PM Modi’s personal involvement in the Rafale deal.
The letter read, “It is, therefore, clear that such parallel discussions by the PMO has weakened the negotiating position of MoD and Indian Negotiating Team.” It went on to write that ‘we may advise PMO that any Officers who are not part of Indian Negotiating Team may refrain from having parallel parlays with the officers of the French government. In case the PMO is not confident about the outcome of negotiations being carried out by the MoD, a revised modalities of negotiations to be led by PMO at appropriate level may be adopted in the case.”
Here are the highlights of his press conference:
- I want to speak to youngsters of this nation and I want to speak to every single member of the armed forces of this nation. This is about your future. You defend us, you protect us, you fight for us, you die for us. Here, it’s absolutely clear that the prime minister of this nation has stolen Rs 30,000 crore of your money.
- Mr (Francois) Hollande said that Modi went to him and asked for the exclusion of the HAL to include Anil Ambani in the deal
- We’ve done our bit, now it’s the job of reporters to tell the nation that PM Modi is a thief
- Modi ji has stolen country’s Rs 30,000 crore. The truth has come out in public domain now
- PM Modi robbed Air Force of Rs 30,000 crore and gave it to his friend Anil Ambani. We have been raising this for over a year. Now a report has come where Defence Ministry officials say that PM was holding parallel negotiations with France government.
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman lied as well. Former French President had rightly admitted that he was made to choose Anil Ambani by PM Modi himself.
- It’s not established that Chowkidar Chor Hai