Suresh Prabhu has left the Railways Ministry minutes after nine misters are being inducted into the cabinet of the Narendra Modi government.
In a farewell tweet of sorts, Prabhu said, “Thanks to all 13 Lacs+ rail family for their support,love,goodwill.I will always cherish these memories with me.Wishing u all a great life”
Thanks to all 13 Lacs+ rail family for their support,love,goodwill.I will always cherish these memories with me.Wishing u all a great life
— Suresh Prabhu (@sureshpprabhu) September 3, 2017
Earlier today, of the nine new faces sworn in as ministers, three are from the states, where elections are due next year. They are all BJP MPs, Virendra Kumar (Madhya Pradesh), Anant Kumar Hegde (Karnataka) and Gajendra Singh Shekhawat (Rajasthan).
Other new faces include former IAS officer Alphons Kannanthanam from Kerala, BJP MPs Ashwini Kumar Choubey (Bihar), Shiv Pratap Shukla (Uttar Pradesh), former Home Secretary Raj Kumar Singh (Bihar), former diplomat Hardeep Puri and ex-Mumbai police chief Satyapal Singh, PTI reported.
Union Minister Uma Bharti has chosen to skip the swearing in ceremony giving rise to many speculations. She tweeted to clarify that her programme in her constituency was scheduled in advance.
- Dharmendra Pradhan takes oath as cabinet minister
- Piyush Goyal takes oath as cabinet minister
- Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman takes oath as cabinet minister
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi takes oath as cabinet minister
- Shiv Pratap Shukla sworn in as new MoS
- Ashwini Kumar Choubey takes oath as minister of state
- Virendra Kumar takes oath as minister
- Anant Kumar Hegde takes oath as minister
- RK Singh takes oath as MoS
- Hardeep Puri sworn in as new minister
- Gajendra Singh Shekhawat takes oath as minister
- Ex-Mumbai police chief Satyapal Singh as a minister
- Alphons Kannanthanam takes oath as minister