After a long delay Bihar School Examination Board chairman Anand Kishor on Saturday finally announced the results for class 12th results. The announcement was first expected at 1 pm but the website bsebinteredu.in, where students were asked to check, crashed due to high volume of traffic.
A report by Hindustan Times said that this year’s pass percentage stood at 79.76%. A report by ABP News said that Arts pass percentage was 76.5%, while Commerce and Science pass percentages were 93.02% and 81.20% respectively. Authorities are working to restore the website and students will soon be able to access their results there soon.
More than 13 lakh students had taken part in this year’s exams, held in February across 1,339 centres in 38 districts of the state.
Follow these steps to check your results online:
1: Go to the Bihar board official website: bsebinteredu.in,
3: Enter your name, roll number and other required details in the respected fields.
4: Click on ‘Submit’
5: Your results will appear on the screen.
About Bihar Board:
The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) is a statutory body of Bihar School Examination Board Act – 1952 which functions under Government of Bihar and is devised to conduct examinations at secondary and senior secondary level in both government and private schools belonging to Bihar. It is headquartered at the capital of the state, Patna. Along with school examinations, it also conducts departmental examinations in the state of Bihar.
Functions Of The Board
- To make necessary arrangements for smooth conduct of public examination at school level. At present, the Board conducts public examinations at Middle, Matriculation and Senior Secondary Level.
- To prescribe the curriculum, courses of studies and text books for school education. The Board has a full- fledged academic wing, having subject experts in all the major subjects. The main responsibility of this wing is to prepare and revise the syllabuses regularly and then prepare text books accordingly.
- To arrange for the preparations, compilation, improvement, publication, printing and sale of text books.
- To make necessary arrangements for affiliations of schools to the Board.
- To make efforts to bring about qualitative improvement in school education.
- To act as an advisory body to the state Govt. regarding School Education.