The BJP President, Amit Shah, has found himself in the midst of more serious allegations of being the hidden face behind the declaration of Rs 13,860 crore of black money by the Gujarati businessman, Mahesh Shah.
This was after former BJP chief minister Sureshbhai Mehta told Sabrangindia website that Mahesh Shah, the man who made mysteriously high disclosures of Rs 13,800 crore in cash under the IDS , was a man with free access to the CMO in the past; Delhi CM, Arvind Kejriwal has further demanded that Amit Shah respond to the allegations
On Sunday, the popular face of Patidar movement in Gujarat, Hardik Patel, made a sensational allegation against the BJP president adding that Shah was only the face while the ‘main player’ was one ‘General Dyer.’
१३ हज़ार करोड़ की संपति कोई मामूली रक़म नहीं हैं.महेश शाह सिर्फ़ चहेरा है असली खिलाड़ी जनरल डायर हैं.
— Hardik Patel (@HardikPatel_) December 3, 2016
Patel was joined by Delhi chiefminister, Arvind Kejriwal, who said the charges levelled by Patel were very ‘serious in nature and demanded a probe. Kejriwal also asked Amit Shah to respond to the allegations.
Amit shah shud respond to Hardik Patel's allegations. V serious. It shud be investigated. https://t.co/l77xQS1Va1
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) December 4, 2016
A day later, Kejriwal’s former colleague and the founder of Swaraj India, Prashant Bhushan, too described the allegations ‘serious.’
He tweeted, “Serious charge by former CM Guj Suresh Mehta that Mahesh Shah who declared 13KCr Black was fronting for Amit Shah!“
Serious charge by former CM Guj Suresh Mehta that Mahesh Shah who declared 13KCr Black was fronting for Amit Shah!https://t.co/SIkNFwkNSt
— Prashant Bhushan (@pbhushan1) December 5, 2016
Property dealer Mahesh Shah, who had declared a whopping Rs 13,860 crore of undisclosed wealth under the Income Declaration Scheme (IDS), on Saturday appeared on a television show claiming that the money did not belong to him, only to be held by Income Tax officials for questioning.
Shah’s disclosure under the Centre’s IDS, which ended in September, accounts for over 20% of the total Rs 65,000 crore declared under the scheme. The city-based property dealer, who was missing since I-T department raided his residence earlier this week, appeared in the studios of a Gujarati television channel in Ahmedabad and said he had made the declaration under his name out of “compulsion” and to “earn commission”.