In a sensational announcement on Thursday, the Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani said that Relaince 4G customers will never pay for voice calls. He said that the era of paying for the voice call was ending.
This announcement, according to analysts, will have serious impact on the competition with rival companies potentially being forced to take corrective actions in their plans.
Ambani also said that the his ambitious Reliance Jio will launch on 5 September adding that data cost designed by his company is the lowest in the world.
The minimum monthly plan will cost a customer Rs 149 while the maximum plan for 75 GB monthly data usage will be priced at Rs 3,999 per month
- Data is oxygen of digital life; data should not be unaffordable to anyone, says RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani.
- Reliance Jio will move India from data shortage to data abundance: Mukesh Ambani on his telecom venture.
- Jio’s pricing is about solving customers’ pain points; customer should pay only for one service – voice or data; All voice calls for Jio cus.
- No Jio customer will ever pay for voice calls to any network in India; roaming charges will also be zero: Mukesh Ambani.
- Jio’s base data tariff will cost one-tenth of existing rates being charged currently; we will charge Rs 50 per GB, Rs 149 a month for light
More to follow