Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said that the new India will be free from the ‘poison of casteism, communalism’ adding that the “service to people” was the biggest identity of humankind and also a part of India’s culture.
His comments came just days after he relentlessly pursued communal and divisive agenda causing an irreparable damage to the reputation of the prime minister’s post. The prime minister was widely condemned for invoking religion by raising the temple issue in a state election.
On Sunday, while his last Mann Ki Baat of 2017, Modi also paid special attention to his ‘love’ for Muslim community particularly women.
Here are the highlights of his Mann Ki Baat:
- On Christmas we remembered the great teachings of Jesus Christ , he stressed most on serving the society.
- It had come to our notice that if a Muslim woman wants to go on Haj ,she must have a ‘Mehram’ or a male guardian, otherwise she cannot travel, it was discriminatory, we have changed this rule and this year and 1300 women applied to go without a male guardian.
- New India will be free from poison of casteism, communalism, terrorism and corruption; free from dirt and poverty.
- Recently I came to know of the inspiring story of Anjum Bashir Khan Khattak, he extricated from sting of terrorism and hatred and topped in Kashmir Administrative Examination, today he is an inspiration not only for J&K but India.
- Just last week, I had a chance of meeting some daughters of Jammu & Kashmir. I was amazed at spirit that they had, the enthusiasm that was there in their hearts and dreams they nurtured.
- A cleanliness survey will be conducted from 4th of January to 10th of March, 2018 to evaluate achievements in cleanliness level in our urban areas
- Just now, while talking to you I got an idea whether we could organize a mock parliament in every district of India? I propose it should be around August 15