Pak army says India ‘hiding’ casualties in surgical strike


The Pakistan Army on Saturday said that it was “sure” that Indian troops had suffered casualties in the surgical strike on terror launch pads in PoK, alleging that India was “hiding” its losses.

Pakistan military spokesman Lieutenant General Asim Saleem Bajwa stated this while briefing reporters in Baghsar area of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.

Radio Pakistan reported him saying that Pakistani troops have given befitting response to Indian firing on the line of control.

“We are sure that the Indian side would have suffered casualties but it is hiding details in this regard,” he said.

Bajwa said the country’s armed forces are fully prepared to respond any aggression however, he also said that war was not in anybody’s interest.

He once again rejected as “false” and “concocted” the Indian claim of surgical strikes within Pakistani territory following the Uri terror attack that killed 19 Indian soldiers last month.

The terror launch pads were targeted by the Indian Army on the intervening night of 28 and 29 September in a nearly five- hour-long operation.

(With inputs from PTI)