Eight out of 10 Malala attackers let off

3

According to media reports, a Pakistani court has let off eight out of the 10 people charged with organising the shooting of Malala Yousafzai.

Senior police official Salim Khan told Reuters news agency that eight men were freed because there was not enough evidence to connect them to the 2012 attack. Earlier in April, police had said that all 10 had been convicted and jailed for 25 years each.

Court documents show conviction of only 2 of the 10 men arrested in Malala's shooting
Court documents show conviction of only 2 of the 10 men arrested in Malala’s shooting

“The only reason for their release was lack of proof against them,” Khan told Reuters.

Pakistani Taliban militants had claimed responsibility for the attack on Malala in Swat, Pakistan. She was shot in the head and airlifted to Britain for treatment, where she has been residing ever since now lives.

 Reiterating the fact that all the men involved had owned up to their crime, Prosecutor Naeem Khan said, “During the trial, all the 10 persons had admitted and confessed their role in Malala’s attack before the judge of anti-terrorism court. But only two of them, Izhar Khan and Israrullah Khan, were convicted while the remaining eight were freed on April 30, 2015”.

The current twist in the case has put into question the judicial accountability of Pakistan’s courts and the legal system

3 COMMENTS

  1. and what about the judicial system of India who set your so called HERO sallu-Bahi free with hours. also publish a post on that issue and reveal that there is no more justice in Great India

  2. SO WHAT, IN INDIA ALSO ALL THE RIOTERS EITHER FROM CONGRESS OR FROM SAFFRON LOBBY ARE ROAMING FREE !!!!!!!!!!!
    ARENT WE SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED OF OURSELVES FIRST ???????????????

LEAVE A REPLY