Prasar Bharti CEO Jawhar Sircar resigns before term, sends letter to I&B ministry

0

Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar has written to the Information and Broadcasting Ministry stating he wants to resign the post with effect from November 4.

Sircar, who was appointed as Prasar Bharati CEO in 2012 by the UPA-II government and whose term expires next February, has written to the I&B ministry that he would like to tender his resignation prematurely, top sources told PTI.

Also Read:  Govt. plans revamping DD India
Jawhar Sircar
Shri Jawhar Sircar taking charge as the CEO of the Broadcasting Corporation of India, in New Delhi on February 22, 2012.

In a letter to I&B Minister M Venkaiah Naidu today, Sircar conveyed his desire to leave “just after Diwali”, which falls on October 30.

He has written another letter to I&B secretary Ajay Mittal saying, he would like to tender his resignation from the post “with effect from November 4”.

Sources added that Sircar may stay on till the auction policy for Doordarshan slots is cleared.

Also Read:  Barkha Dutt's Twitter account hacked, hackers post offensive tweets

“In the letter to the I&B ministry, Sircar has also informed of his wish to relocate to Kolkata,” an official source said.

When contacted, Sircar said he did not wish to make any comment on the matter.

Last month, Sircar had said he is considering resigning the post and he has thought “very strongly” about this option.

Also Read:  Delhi Assembly secretary repatriated to parent organisation

Sircar had made the comment when asked if he was contemplating to resign as CEO of Prasar Bharati, which runs Doordarshan as well as All India Radio (AIR) amid speculation that he might seek premature retirement.

Sircar had retired as Secretary, Culture, in the Union government and was then appointed as Prasar Bharati CEO in 2012.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here