One of the most common worries for men and women reaching their late thirties and early forties is how to stop people noticing their grey hair. While some men don’t mind a bit of salt and pepper, others are often seen scurrying to try anything at hand to cover the greys.
The most commonly used remedies are applying henna and buying off-the-shelf hair-dyeing products (and there are plenty of them available). And if you are a follower of Baba Ramdev, you may have tried rubbing your fingernails without much success.
However, using the available products in the market has its own pitfalls because of the chemicals present in them. Even most aurvedic products are not free from chemicals. The biggest danger of using dyeing products is that they adversely affect your hair if not used regularly.
Hair products in India are known to use amla. However, its efficacy is never known because of the other chemicals present inside. But, you will be surprised with the miraculous effects of this fruit if applied using as a home remedy.
This is what you need to do. The key to effective result is doing it every alternate day.
- Buy amla powder from any grocery shop. Make sure it’s organic sans any chemical inside.
- Take a couple of tea spoons of amla powder and soak it with four tea spoons of water. Stir it well and leave it overnight.
- Stir it properly in the morning until you’ve made a fine paste.
- Use your fingers to massage the paste into your scalp while also applying it on your hair.
- Leave it for half an hour or until it dries.
- Wash off your hair and pat dry. Make sure you don’t use any shampoo or conditioner. You will feel that your hair is soft and silky.
- Try this for at least one month to see the result.
Experts say that not only does this treatment contribute to turning your grey hair into black but also stops rest of your hair from turning white.
Alternatively, you can add pure mustard oil instead of water to the amla powder and instantly apply on your head. In the case of mustard oil, you need to properly massage your head and leave it overnight.
Good luck with your hair care! Remember there’s nothing better than naani maa ke nuskhe!