Zee Media has denied allegations of falsely broadcasting the JNU video showing Pakistan Zindabad slogans and other allegations of biases by its emoloyee Vishwa Deepak earlier this week.
Vishwa Deepak, a producer with Zee News’ output desk had made stunning revelations not just how the channel deliberately twisted facts on JNU coverage but also encouraged staff to promote agenda in favour of Narendra Modi.
Here’s the full statement by Zee Media mailed to jantakareporter.com.
“It has come to the notice of Zee Media that Mr. Vishwa Deepak who was working with Zee News, after his resignation dated 19.02.2016, has made certain statements on various social media platforms which are not only incorrect but also defamatory and mischievous. Some of the media houses without proper verification of the facts and going into details of the false, incorrect and mischievous statements made by Mr. Vishwa Deepak, have portrayed the said statements as a statement of fact. It is disheartening to see that other media platforms without even caring to check with Mr. Pawan Nara who was reporting that night from JNU chose to believe and report wild allegations.
By this statement ZMCL condemns and deny all the allegations made by Mr. Vishwa Deepak and wishes to highlight the following points appealing to all Media Houses to consider prior to portraying the statements as a statement of fact:
1. ZMCL is a large media house and people leaving and recruitments are a normal affair.
2. Mr. Vishwa Deepak was neither concerned nor was he involved in any stories related to the JNU issue.
3. Mr. Vishwa Deepak had never discussed any of these issues with anybody in the organization, if he had any.
4. The news report regarding happenings of events in JNU on 09.02.2016 and shouting of anti-national slogans such as ‘पाकिस्तान जिंदाबाद’ is a true factual event that was not only reported by ZMCL but also other Media houses which have also reported shouting of anti-national slogans.
5. It is evident from the raw footage shot by its cameraman that slogans such as ‘पाकिस्तान जिंदाबाद’ were raised in JNU on the night of 09.02.2016.
6. The raw footage of the happenings on the night of 09.02.2016 has been submitted by ZMCL to the Delhi Police and the Police Authorities are in the process of verifying the correctness and truthfulness of the said footage. ZMCL is confident and sure that the authenticity of the said footage would be once and for all clearly established by the reports of Delhi Police.
7. ZMCL is an independent media house which has no affiliations with any of the political parties and as such does not take any sides while reporting any news.
8. ZMCL has always endeavored to ensure that the news reported by it meets the standards of being unbiased, neutral and are true facts.”