PM Narendra Modi addressed a huge crowd in Dubai Cricket Stadium on the concluding day of his visit this gulf country. The organisers said there were more than 50,000 people present to listen to him.
Here are highlights of his speech:
- We work, not with an arrogance of being big but we work shoulder to shoulder with everyone towards development
- I want to talk about Nagaland…whatever the situation may be, the solution to everything is through dialogue
- Good Taliban, Bad Taliban…Good Terror, Bad Terror…this wont work. A decision has to be taken are you with terrorism or with humanity
- We are victims of terrorism for 40 years. Innocent people have lost their lives
- The way the world is seeing India has changed. And what is the reason- the reason is the 125 crore people of India
- Those who indulge in terror must be punished and this is the message that has resonated from here today
- So many flights are there between India and UAE but it took 34 years for a PM to visit this Nation
- People from Kerala are there in large numbers. And I am specially talking about them due to the New Year festival today
- People from all over the world have come to Dubai. Imagine the strength shown, the magnetic power that has drawn the world here
- The Government of India has created an online platform ‘MADAD’ to assist all of you as well as an e-migrant portal
PM Modi left for India after delivering his maiden speech to the Indian diaspora in the UAE.
Watch his full speech here