Six more bodies pulled out from Greater Noida building crash site, death toll reaches 9

0

Police in Greater Noida have confirmed the deaths of nine people in the collapse of six-storey building that fell on to an adjacent structure on Tuesday night. On Wednesday, the cops had confirmed the deaths of three people even as may lay trapped under the rubble.

Greater Noida

Police had arrested at least three people in connection with the collapse of the under-construction site. Among those arrested were the owner of the land, Gangashankar Dwivedi, and two others — Dinesh and Sanjay.

On Thursday, search and rescue teams were able to pull out six more bodies from the debris. As many as 400 members of National Disaster Response Force have been deployed to look for any survivor/body.

Six of the deceased have been identified as 26-year-old Priyanka Trivedi,28-year-old Shiv Trivedi, 14-month-old Pankhuri and 50-year-old Raj Kumari from Mainpuri, 25-year-old  Shamshad from Faizabad and 30-year-old Ranjeet Bhimali from West Bengal.

Quoting an official, an IANS report said that chances of survival of those trapped were bleak since it had been over 40 hours since the buildings collapsed in Shahberi village on Tuesday night.

“We don’t have any more information on the missing. So, the chances of finding more bodies trapped under the debris is less. However, as the number of those trapped is not known, it will be too soon to confirm,” Deputy Inspector General (Operations) RK Rana told IANS.

“Nine bodies have been found so far. The work to remove the debris is underway and it will take time due to space crunch,” he said.

An FIR under IPC sections 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), 288 (negligent conduct with respect to pulling down or repairing buildings), 388 (extortion by threat of accusation of an offence punishable with death or imprisonment for life) and 427 (mischief causing damage to the amount of fifty rupees) were lodged at the Bisrakh police station against 18 persons in connection with the incident, said Inspector General of Police, Meerut Zone, Ram Kumar was quoted a saying by PTI.

A report by ANI had earlier said that Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath had taken cognisance of the incident and has asked the District Magistrate to take up relief measures with the NDRF and Police to ensure immediate rescue. The state government in Uttar Pradesh had also announced a financial help of Rs 2 lakh each to those killed in the tragedy.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here