Three members of Chennai family including child killed by inhaling gas from faulty AC

0

Police in Chennai say that three members of a same family died on Monday after they inhaled a gas, leaking from a malfunctioning air conditioner.

Chennai
Representational purpose only

Among those killed are a 35-year-old man, his wife and the couple’s child. The incident came to light after their neighbours called the police when the family did not come out of their house for a long time. The police broke open the door and found the bodies, reported PTI.

The family lived in Thiruvalluvar Nagar at Koyambedu in the city. Initial investigation revealed that the couple had turned on the inverter on Monday night as there was a power cut in the area, the police said. The power supply was restored around midnight, but the couple and the child died, the police said.

Not too long ago, a 10-year-old boy and his nine-year-old sister were killed in Delhi’s Adarsh Nagar area after an air conditioner’s compressor exploded at their home. The children were at home with their grandmother but their parents were away when the incident occurred, a report by PTI in May this year had stated..

Their grandmother managed to escape but the children were caught in the fire.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here