School bus in Rajasthan catches fire, at least 12 children injured

0

A school bus in Rajasthan caught fire on Friday morning after a power cable fell on it, injuring at least 12 children and a teacher.

An 11 KV electricity wire reportedly fell on top of the bus while it was travelling along Basedi village in Dholpur, Rajasthan, 350 km from the state capital of Jaipur.

Also Read:  यूपी: 17.5 लाख रुपए की सरकारी मदद को ठुकरा कर गांव वालों ने अपने पैसों से बनाए शौचालय

The children have been hospitalised and the school teacher is said to be seriously injured.

Five children have been admitted in a Dholpur hospital while the other six are being treated in Basedi.

According to reports, the 45 children traveling in the bus panicked but most of them managed to alight in time.

Also Read:  VIDEO: जब चलती कार का शीशा तोड़ अंदर घुस गया घोड़ा, तो देखिए क्या हुआ
Congress advt 2

Dholpur MLA Rani Silautia reached the spot along with some officials of the electricity department.

A Dholpur police official was quoted the Indian Express as saying, “No one has been arrested. It was an accident.”

He added, “the woman accompanying the students showed courage and helped some of them out. 12 were injured and two of them are serious.”

Also Read:  A sample of BJP's defence on Sushma and Raje controversy

No case has been registered against anyone. 10 students are being treated in Dholpur, the other three seriously injured students were rushed to Agra for treatment. Energy minister Pushpendra Singh visited the injured children and ordered a probe.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here