Salman Khan retracts from tweets on Yakub Memon, apologises for any potential misunderstanding


Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has retracted all his tweets allegedly in support of 1993 Mumbai serial blasts accused Yakub Memon, and apologised for any potential misunderstanding that may have occurred due to his opinion. The actor has since deleted all his earlier tweets.

However, Salman said that he still stands by his opinion that Tiger Memon, brother of Yakub, should be hanged for his involvement in the deadly blasts. Salman had earlier said that Yakub should not hang for the crime committed by his brother.

Earlier many including Salman’s own father had criticised his tweets in the matter. The issue had even led to the superstar’s effigies being burnt in New Delhi by members of the Hindu Sena.

Yakub is set to be hanged on July 30 in Nagpur jail for conspiracy in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts that took 257 lives and injured 1,400 people.