Rakbar Khan’s lynching case: Supreme Court agrees to hear family’s plea


The Supreme Court on Monday agreed to hear the plea of the victim’s father seeking a court-monitored probe in the Alwar lynching case. Rakbar Khan’s father had approached the apex court seeking the shifting the trial out of Rajasthan.

lynching case

The state has a BJP-led government, which has been accused of supporting the Hindutva terrorists masquerading cow vigilantes. The deceased’s father had also accused the Alwar MLA of attempting to influencing the case.

Last month, Rakbar Khan, was lynched by Hindutva terrorists on suspicion of cow smuggling. Khan, a resident of Kolgaon in Haryana’s Mewat region, was taking two cows to their village through a forest area near Lalawandi village in Alwar district on Friday night, when a mob consisting of Hindutva terrorists thrashed him.

Later, it emerged that the cops’ priority was never to rush Khan to a nearby hospital. Instead, the men in uniform first rushed to make arrangements for cows to be rehabilitated. It allegedly took the local police nearly three hours to cover the distance of six kms as Khan was brought to the Community Health Centre at around 4 am.

According to the FIR, cops were alerted about the  attack on Khan at 12.41 am and the cops were on the spot within 15-20 minutes. It’s alleged that the cops, who reached the lynching spot was never serious about saving Khan’s life. They first made arrangements for the two cows before taking Khan to the hospital. Naval Kishore, a member of the Hindutva gang, confirmed that the two cows, owned by Khan, were brought to a nearby shelter at 3 am.

Kishore, who made the call to the police, told NDTV that he accompanied the police adding that the cops gave Khan a bath, since he was covered in mud, and then took off to run errands.

The cops first stopped at Kishore’s house, to organise transport to ferry the cows to a local cattle shelter. One of his relatives, Maya, told NDTV that she saw “a policeman beating the man inside the vehicle and abusing him.” The man, Maya added, was still alive and cried in pain.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here