NVS PGT Exam 2019 Results: The Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) has declared the NVS PGT Exam 2019 Results on its official website www.navodaya.gov.in. Successful candidates will now be eligible to appear for the next round which is interview round. The NVS will release the schedule for the interview round on its website soon.
Follow these steps to access your results
- Visit the official website www.navodaya.gov.in
- Click on the “NVS PGT Exam 2019 Result” link on the home page
- Enter the credentials required to log in
- Check and download the result
- Print the result for further use
The National Policy on Education-1986 envisaged setting up of residential schools, to be called Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas that would bring out the best of rural talent.
It was felt that children with special talent or aptitude should be provided opportunities to progress at a faster pace by making good quality education available to them irrespective of their capacity to pay for it. Such education would enable students from rural areas to compete with their urban counterparts on an equal footing.
Objectives of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
- To establish ,endow, maintain, control,and manage schools(hereinafter called the ‘Navodaya Vidyalaya’) and to do all acts and things necessary for or conducive to the promotion of such schools which will have the following objectives:
- To provide good quality modern education-including a strong component of culture inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education- to the talented children predominantly from the rural areas without regard to their family’s socio-economic condition.
Salient Features of Navodaya Vidyalayas
Navodaya Vidyalayas draw their students strength from talented children, selected on the basis of a merit test, called the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test, designed, developed and conducted initially by NCERT and now by CBSE. The test is held annually on an All India basis and at block and district levels. The test is objective, class neutral and is so designed as to ensure that rural children are not at a disadvantage while attempting it.
Admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas is primarily for children from the rural areas, with provision of at least 75% seats for rural children. Seats are reserved for children from SC and ST communities in proportion to their population in the district but not less than the national average. 1/3 of the seats are filled by girl students. 3% of the seats are for disabled children.
Navodaya Vidyalayas are affiliated to CBSE and offer free education to talented children from Class-VI to XII. Entry to Navodaya Vidyalaya is made in Class-VI with lateral entry in Classes- IX & XI. Each Navodaya Vidyalaya is a co-educational residential institution providing free boarding and lodging, free school uniforms, text books, stationery, and to and fro rail and bus fare to students. However, a nominal fee @ Rs. 200/- per month is charged from students of Classes- IX to XII as Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi. The students belonging to SC/ST categories, girls, disabled students and children of the families Below Poverty Line (BPL) are exempted from payment of this fee.
The Scheme of Navodaya Vidyalayas provides for implementation of the Three Language Formula. The third language taught in Hindi speaking districts is linked to the migration of students. All Navodaya Vidyalayas follow the Three Language Formula i.e. Regional language, English and Hindi.
The medium of instruction will be mother-tongue/regional language upto VII or VIII Class. Thereafter the common medium would be Hindi/English in all Navodaya Vidyalayas.