Union home secretary Rajiv Mehrishi on Sunday said that the terrorists’ attack on the Indian Air Force base in Pathankot had not resulted in any damage to military assets.
Speaking to media in Delhi to brief about the ongoing operations, Mehrishi said, “By yesterday evening, four of the terrorists had been neutralised. There was no further firing and it was not certain whether there are other terrorists or not. But in the morning today, two more terrorists were discovered and are being engaged, we’re hopeful that they will also be neutralised by evening. Due to active intelligence inputs and advance info, security forces especially air force were able to protect air force assets.”
Air Marshal Anil Khosla said that the operation against terrorists who were holed up in the air base had never stopped adding that the real number of casualties will only be known after the operation was over.
He told ANI, “Operation never stopped, operation is not completed. Operation is at a mature stage but confirmation on number of casualties only after we recover bodies.”
AOC, Pathankot, JS Dhamoon said, “Seven people have been martyred including one Garud, five DSC jawans and one NSG commando. Operation is still on and will continue till we are sure that there are no more intruders at Air Force station.”
Meanwhile, Haryana government has announced Rs 20 lakh compensation to family of Garud Commando Gursewak Singh, who lost his life in Pathankot terrorist attack.
Suspected terrorists had mounted attack on the air base in Punjab’s Pathankot on Saturday. The gun battle between the terrorists and Indian security forces have been on since then.