NIA probed BSF jawan to find foreign contacts, found nothing

0

The National Investigation Agency had reportedly probed the foreign contacts angle of the sacked BSF jawan, who had complained of bad food being served to the paramilitary forces. The video of Tej Bahadur Yadav showing the poor quality of food being served to forces at the border had gone viral last year prompting the BSF to dismiss him from the service.

BSF jawan

Yadav has challenged his dismissal in the Punjab and Haryana High Court.

A report by Indian Express said that the NIA had trawled through Yadav’s social media profiles as well as his call detail records to find any foreign hands behind his decision to make the video public, but did not find anything.

The NIA probe report, the paper added, is among the documents submitted by Yadav to the Punjab and Haryana High Court, along with his plea seeking reinstatement which came up for hearing on Tuesday this week.

According to the records, BSF Director General K K Sharma sought an NIA probe on January 18 last year, a few days after Yadav posted the video clips.

The single bench of Justice PB Bajanthri has issued a notice to the Centre, Director General of the BSF and others, in connection with the petition filed by Tej Bahadur, his counsel SP Yadav was quoted by PTI.

Bahadur, who is a Rattan Kalan village in Haryana’s Narnaul district, had submitted that two charge-sheets were issued against him in February 2017 and the Summary Security Force Court (SSFC) passed an impugned order in April 2017 whereby he was “dismissed” from the BSF.

“Since no improvement took place in food quality and quantity the petitioner and his BSF colleagues decided to make a video proof of such poor quality and quantity of food for showing it to their senior officers,” PTI Yadav as saying.

“But, the petitioner does not know when his colleagues uploaded such video on the Facebook account of the petitioner,” Bahadur’s counsel said.

In the video, the 42-year-old sacked BSF jawan, was seen in his battle fatigue and carrying his service rifle. He had also alleged that the troops were subjected to “cruelty” as they were served bad quality food, and at times had to go to bed on an empty stomach.

The next hearing of the case is on 28 May.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here