The Indian army has reportedly carried out a freshsurgical strike by ‘crossing over’ the Line of Control, reported several media outlets. All media outlets, reporting the fresh surgical strikes, have attributed their reports to ‘sources.’
Quoting ‘intelligence sources,’ news agency ANI reported, “Indian Army troops crossed over the Line of Control (PoK) & killed three Pakistani army soldiers, one Pak soldier injured. This was in retaliation to the four Indian Army personnel killed on Saturday in ceasefire violation by Pakistan.
DNA reported that the Indian security forces had crossed over to the Pakistani side on Monday to retaliate the Saturday’s ceasefire violation in Rajouri that had killed three including an Indian Army Major.
The Pakistani soldiers killed in the Monday raids have been identified as sepoy Sajjad, sepoy Abdul Rehman and Sepoy M Usman. The injured soldier on the Pakistani side has been identified as sepoy Athzaz Hussain, added the DNA website. It further said that the ‘government sources’ had confirmed the news of the surgical strike.
A report by NDTV said that ‘sources have describe it as a “localised tactical level operation” by a local Army commander deployed in the region. (sic)”
Neither Indian army nor the ministry of defence has confirmed the news yet. The last time the Indian army had carried a surgical strike was in September last year. The reports of the last year’s surgical strikes too had become a topic of intense political conversations.
On Saturday, a group of Pakistani troops had infiltrated into the Indian territory and killed three Indian soldiers including one senior ranking officer.
The news of a new surgical strike by India became a top trending topic of Twitter conversations with many users, mostly the supporters of the right-wing ideologies, hailing the reported action.