Modi government slamemd by victims’ families, say ‘They told world before us’

0

The family members of 39 Indians, who External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday revealed had been killed, have reacted with shock blaming the Centre’s Narendra Modi government for utter insensitivity.

39 Indians
File photo

One family member said that the government had chosen to announce that their loves ones were no longer alive to the world before informing the concerned families.

“I watched it on TV… This is absolutely shocking because my sources say they are alive. Without letting us know today, you informed the world that they are dead. The news has been on for two hours but we are yet to be informed,” NDTV quoted Gurpinder Kaur, whose brother Manjinder Singh was among the Indians captured in Mosul.

She added, “For past four years, the minister had told me that they were alive, I don’t know what to believe anymore.”

Purushottam Tiwari, uncle of Vidya Bhushan Tiwari, told ANI, “I don’t know what to say. Since 2014 I had been pleading with the government to bring him back somehow and today they say that he is no more.”

Meanwhile, Congress President Rahul Gandhi, said that he was shocked to hear that 39 Indians were now confirmed dead. He wrote, “I’m shocked to hear that 39 Indians who were in captivity since 2014, in Iraq, are now confirmed dead. My deepest condolences to the families of those who have lived in hope, that their loved ones will return unharmed. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you today.”

Swaraj on Tuesday had revealed that all 39 Indians, who were kidnapped by the ISIS in Iraq’s Mosul were dead. She had told the Rajya Sabha that the DNA of all those Indians had matched adding that her deputy, Gen (Retd) VK Singh, will travel to Iraq with a chartered plane to get their mortal remains back home. A majority of those dead are from Punjab with others from Himachal Pradesh, Bihar and Bengal.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here