Dalit family from Nashik moves HC, seeks CBI probe of assault

0
>

The Bombay High Court today asked the Maharashtra government to file a reply to a petition seeking CBI probe into alleged assault on two members of a Dalit family in Nashik.

The incident took place after a Dalit youth was arrested in a nearby village for trying to rape a five-year-old girl belonging to an upper caste community, the petition said.

Also Read:  Maharastra rains: Vehicles swept away as bridge collapses

Petitioner Babybai Shinde alleged that a group of armed youths from an upper caste community attacked her two sons outside their house at village Sanjegaon on October 11.

Following the alleged rape attempt at Talegaon village near Nashik last week, there were incidents of stone-pelting targeting the Dalit community, the petition said.

Also Read:  1993 Mumbai blasts convict Rubina Memon's furlough plea rejected by Bombay High Court

In some places, Dalits were ostracised, it alleged.

Apart from CBI probe, it demanded medical treatment and compensation for the victims and a direction to the local police to have the social boycott on Dalits lifted.

Also Read:  CBI द्वारा विपक्ष को खत्म करना चाहती है मोदी सरकार: केजरीवाल

A bench headed by Justice Naresh Patil today gave the government a week to file its reply and adjourned the hearing to October 20.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here