Nearly 100 persons, including students and teaching staff of an educational institution near Perinthalmanna in the district have been hospitalised for suspected food poisoning, police said on Monday.
Around 100 persons of the Aligarh Muslim University’s Malappuram Centre in Cherukara were admittted to a private hospital in Perinthalmanna last night as they started vomitting after dinner, they said.
While 26 of them were discharged today, the others are still under observation. However, their condition is said to be stable, police said.
An internal inquiry has been ordered into the incident by the institute’s authorities.
(With inputs from PTI)