Karnataka assembly elections exit polls are set to be announced after the voting ends today at 6 PM. Various news channels, in association with research firms, will put out their official election forecasts compiled after polling voters soon after they have cast their votes.
Exit polls are generally considered to be more accurate than opinion polls.
A majority of opinion polls conducted by various news channels, including ABP News-Lokniti-CSDS, India Today-Karvy, Times Now-VMR and India TV poll, done ahead of elections, had forecast a hung assembly in Karnataka, with the Congress, on average, expected to notch up 96 seats while the BJP and Janata Dal (Secular) were expected to garner 87 seats and 36 seats respectively.
After the counting is done, results for the assembly elections will be declared on 15 May, with Congress and BJP both claiming they will get 130+ seats in the elections.
Here are the live updates:-
- BJP 106, Congress 75, JDS 37 – News X
- BJP 101-113, Congress 82-94, JDS 18-31 (till 4 PM) – ABP News
- BJP 87, Congress 97, JDS 35 – India TV
- BJP 80-93, Congress 90-103, JDS 31-39 – Times Now
- BJP 98, Congress 88, JDS 33 – NDTV
- BJP 79-92, Congress 106-118, JDS 22-30 – Aaj Tak
- BJP 97-109, Congress 87-99, JDS 21-30 (till 2 PM) – ABP News
- BJP 41%, Congress 39%, JDS 17% (till 2 PM) – ABP News
- Voting ended at 6 pm