India today termed as “concocted and baseless” a report in Pakistani media that Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar in a meeting with German Ambassador in New Delhi had admitted there was no surgical strike.
Strongly reacting to the story in Pakistan’s The News International titled ‘Indian FS admits surgical strikes was a bluff’, External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup said it is “completely concocted and baseless”.
Quoting an ‘informed official’ source, the paper had reported, “the Pakistani mission had been told that during a formal meeting on the issue of the ongoing India-Pakistan stand-off between German Ambassador to India Dr Martin Ney and Indian FS Subramaniam Jaishankar in New Delhi, “the Indian Foreign Secretary has categorically denied and said that there was no ‘surgical strike’ undertaken by Indian Army inside Azad Kashmir, Pakistan”.
The German Ambassador, Martin Ney, was in the group of foreign envoys briefed by the Foreign Secretary on September 29 on the surgical strikes. They have had no further conversation since on this subject, Swarup said.
In its report today, The News International citing a source claimed that “the Indian Foreign Secretary has categorically denied and said that there was no ‘surgical strike’ undertaken by Indian Army” in PoK.
(With inputs from PTI)