Himachal Pradesh HPBOSE Result 2018: The Himachal Pradesh Board of Secondary Education (HPBOSE) declared its HPBOSE Class 10th results for 2018 at board’s official website: www.hpbos.org
The HPBOSE announced the results for Class 12 on 24 April this year. HPBOSE Matriculation exams were held between 7 and 20 March this year.
Follow these steps to check your results online:
1: Go to the Himachal Pradesh board official website: www.hpbose.org
3: Enter your name, roll number and other required details in the respected fields.
4: Click on ‘Submit’
5: Your results will appear on the screen.
About Himachal Pradesh Board:
The Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education is an agency of the Government of Himachal Pradesh. It was founded in the year 1969 as per Himachal Pradesh Act No. 14 of 1968 with its headquarters at Shimla which was later shifted to Dharamshala in January 1983. Its primary function is to prepare academic programmes, prescribe courses of instruction by preparing syllabi for the students and conducting examinations for secondary school students in Himachal Pradesh. HP Board conducts examination for the following classes and courses: 10th, 10+2, J.B.T and T.T.C. As many as 5 Lakh candidates annually appear in the examination conducted by the Board. The board has its jurisdiction from elementary level to senior secondary level and also provides textbooks for all classes from Class 1 to Class 12. In addition to these, the board has set up 26 book distribution/information centres across the state to better equip students by catering to their needs.
Functions Of The Board
- To make necessary arrangements for smooth conduct of public examination at school level. At present, the Board conducts public examinations at Middle, Matriculation and Senior Secondary Level.
- To prescribe the curriculum, courses of studies and text books for school education. The Board has a full- fledged academic wing, having subject experts in all the major subjects. The main responsibility of this wing is to prepare and revise the syllabuses regularly and then prepare text books accordingly.
- To arrange for the preparations, compilation, improvement, publication, printing and sale of text books.
- To make necessary arrangements for affiliations of schools to the Board.
- To make efforts to bring about qualitative improvement in school education.
- To act as an advisory body to the state Govt. regarding School Education.