The Delhi High Court on Tuesday stayed the non-bailable warrant issued by the Commission of Inquiry (CoI) in the CNG fitness scam case against Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) chief M K Meena till September 23.
The orders were issued by the bench of Chief Justice G Rohini and Justice Jayant Nath on a plea filed jointly by the Union Home Ministry and Meena.
Justice Aggarwal Commission investigating CNG Fitness scam, had on 11 September, issued a non bailable warrant against Delhi ACB chief Mukesh Kumar Meena for not providing documents related to CNG fitness scam.
The commission had also directed that 30 percent of Meena’s salary be detached until the next order. The responsibility to execute the non-bailable warrant was given to the Civil Lines police station.
Meena said that since the commission investigating the CNG fitness scam had been termed invalid by a home ministry’s notification, ‘there is not question of replying to the summon.’
On 11 August, Delhi’s AAP government had cleared the inquiry commission that may question the former chief minister Sheila Dikshit and Lieautenant Governor on scam linked to fitness tests on CNG buses.
In 2012, the ACB had registered an FIR and filed a chargesheet on September 3 before the concerned court. But it failed to furnish all documents related to scam, sought by Justice Aggarwal commission prompting it to issue a non-bailable warrant against him.
Senior advocate Dayan Krishnan, appearing for the government, said the warrant was issued by the CoI, an independent body with no government influence, adding that the Delhi government had already filed its reply to other pleas against the CoI. All these pleas are now set to be heard on September 23.