As Delhi government completes one year, the chief minister Arvind Kejriwal has started a two-hour long telethon, where he has promised to listen to take calls from the ordinary public.
He also said that he will make some very important announcements today (14 Feb).
Here are the highlights of what he’s said so far:
- Today I’m here to give account of our work in 1 year
- By Dec 2017, all areas will get piped water connection; Want Delhi to be 1st city where one can drink water straight off tap
- Pending water bills till 30th November will be waived off
- For A, B categories- 25%, C- 50%, D- 75% of pending water bills till 30th Nov will be waived
- Government schools will have facilities in line with private schools
- We were hopeful that irregularities by discom companies will come into view after CAG audit. We have filed appeal in SC
- We are hopeful to win the case in SC and electricity prices will further come down after CAG audit
- Disappointed over the HC verdict on management quota in private schools, will go to Supreme Court against it
- Made medicines free in government hospitals
- Other than 1000 mohalla clinics, we are also building 150 polyclinics, which will have specialists as well
- We are inaugurating 20 new polyclinics today