The Congress party’s highest decision making body, Congress Working Committee, is meeting in Delhi on Tuesday. The meet is attended by both the party president, Sonia Gandhi’ and vice president, Rahul Gandhi.
Sonia Gandhi has slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi for reneging on his poll promises while describing him as ‘clueless’ leader.
Here are the highlights of what the Congress president said;
- Pledges made by Prime Minister during campaigning were hollow
- Economy is on downward slide while prices continue to rise
- Land Ordinance U-turn is evidence that government is out of touch
- He(PM Modi) has been reduced to unedifying flip-flops creating confusion on what he really stands for
- Last week the country was given a clear evidence of what has been obvious for a long time-that Modi government is controlled and directed by RSS
- Instead of a coherent policy on Pakistan ,this government can’t seem to make up its mind on what it should do
- History is sought to be rewritten with special targeting of Jawaharlal Nehru
- The media is being threatened with notices and other repressive measures
- Writers and progressive thinkers are being physically eliminated
- Autonomy and integrity of vital institutions which have stood the country in good stead are being systematically eroded