CBSE Class 10th Results 2019: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has declared its class 10th results for 2019 today at board’s official website: cbseresults.nic.in. Total pass percentage in CBSE Class 10th Exams is 91.1 %. Kerala’s Trivandrum has emerged as the best performing region with 99.85%. Chennai was placed second with 99% and Ajmer was third with 95.89%.
Bhavana N Sivadas from Kerala is the new all India topper with 499 marks out of 500.
The CBSE had declared results for Class 12 last week. Hansika Shukla and Karishma Arora, both from Uttar Pradesh, had topped the CBSE Class 12 exams scoring 499 marks each.
Around 27 lakh students had appeared for this year’s Class 10th CBSE exams, held between 2 February to 29 March.
Follow these steps to check your results online:
1: Go to the CBSE official website: cbseresults.nic.in
2: Enter your name, roll number and other required details in the respected fields.
3: Click on ‘Submit’
4: Your results will appear on the screen.
About CBSE Board:
The apex board of education in India, CBSE has a pan India jurisdiction and also a global presence with nearly 141 affiliated schools across 21 countries. The board grants affiliation to schools up to higher secondary level and develops common curriculum keeping nationwide requirements in focus. The CBSE was given its present name ‘Central Board of Secondary Education’ in the year 1952. The Board was reconstituted in the year 1962 when its jurisdiction was extended.
Functions Of The Board
- To make necessary arrangements for smooth conduct of public examination at school level. At present, the Board conducts public examinations at Middle, Matriculation and Senior Secondary Level.
- To prescribe the curriculum, courses of studies and text books for school education. The Board has a full- fledged academic wing, having subject experts in all the major subjects. The main responsibility of this wing is to prepare and revise the syllabuses regularly and then prepare text books accordingly.
- To arrange for the preparations, compilation, improvement, publication, printing and sale of text books.
- To make necessary arrangements for affiliations of schools to the Board.
- To make efforts to bring about qualitative improvement in school education.
- To act as an advisory body to the state Govt. regarding School Education.