CBSE Class 10 and 12 Exams and Results 2020: The Central Board of Secondary Education secretary Anurag Tripathy has made a big announcement on the remaining CBSE Class 10 exams, Class 12 Exams and their Results for 2020 on its official website cbse.nic.in.
Tripthay told India Today as per the CBSE notification released on 1 April all remaining CBSE Class 10 board exams have been cancelled except for students living in North-East Delhi, who could not sit for their exams due to this year’s communal pogrom that left 54 people dead. He also said that only 12 major subjects of the CBSE Class 12 board exams would be carried out after the lockdown.
The CBSE secretary said that this would only be possible after the nationwide lockdown comes to an end. The centre’s Narendra Modi government on Friday extended the nationwide lockdown by another two weeks. The government order said that no educational activities will be allowed during the third stage of the nationwide lockdown.
Tripthay said that the board will need at least ‘1.5 to 2 months’ to carry out the paper evaluation. This means that students may not know about their future until after June.
About CBSE Board
The apex board of education in India, CBSE has a pan India jurisdiction and also a global presence with nearly 141 affiliated schools across 21 countries. The board grants affiliation to schools up to higher secondary level and develops common curriculum keeping nationwide requirements in focus. The CBSE was given its present name ‘Central Board of Secondary Education’ in the year 1952. The Board was reconstituted in the year 1962 when its jurisdiction was extended.
Functions Of The Board
- To make necessary arrangements for smooth conduct of public examination at school level. At present, the Board conducts public examinations at Middle, Matriculation and Senior Secondary Level.
- To prescribe the curriculum, courses of studies and text books for school education. The Board has a full- fledged academic wing, having subject experts in all the major subjects. The main responsibility of this wing is to prepare and revise the syllabuses regularly and then prepare text books accordingly.
- To arrange for the preparations, compilation, improvement, publication, printing and sale of text books.
- To make necessary arrangements for affiliations of schools to the Board.
- To make efforts to bring about qualitative improvement in school education.
- To act as an advisory body to the state Govt. regarding School Education