Here’s snapshot of who said what?
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal
- CBI raids my office
- When Modi cudn’t handle me politically, he resorts to this cowardice
- Modi is a coward and a psycopath
- CBI lying. My office raided. Files of CM office are being looked into. Let Modi say which file he wants?
- I am the only CM who dismissed, on my own, a minister n a senior officer on charges of corruption and handed their cases to CBI.
- If CBI had any evidence against Rajender, why didn’t they share it with me? I would have acted against him.
- राजेंद्र के बहाने मेरे दफ़्तर की सारी फ़ाइल देखी जा रही हैं (The CBI is looking into my files on the pretext of searching Rajender Kumar’s files)
Deputy CM, Manish Sisodia
- CBI is trying to scare honest politics through these raids. People are with us, BJP will not succeed.
Kapil Mishra, minister in Kejriwal’s cabinet
- Modi has started misusing the CBI same way as the Congress did.
- He will have to pay a heavy price same as the Congress did
Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley
- The raids were related to Rajender Kumar’s corruption cases, committed before he joined Arvind Kejriwal’s office.
- Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s office has not been raided. The central government has nothing to do with these raids
Union Environment Prakash Javdekar:
- Arvind Kejriwal is protecting corruption, he’s exposed thoroughly
- CBI raids only when it receives credible information of corruption
Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu
- CBI used to be a caged parrot under Congress government
- It has nothing to do with the central government. It doesn’t fall under us.
- CBI do not function under central govt. It’s become a fashion for Delhi govt to quarrel with centre.
This is perhaps the first time a sitting chief minister has used terms like ‘psychopath’ and ‘coward’ for a sitting prime minister at a time when there’s no election. Using choicest of expletives against political rivals regardless of their sstaure or the posts they hold is nothing new.
Tuesday’s developments followed by Kejriwal’s statements will no doubt have extraordinary effects on the Indian politics. Kejriwal has four MPs in the Lok Sabha, but his party has recently got significant boost from the MPs belonging to Trinamool Congress and Janata Dal United.
With this new support, Kejriwal now has considerably impactful voice in the parliament, where the winter session is currently on. A loud protest on today’s development in the parliament can’t be ruled on.
Meanwhile, the search and raids were underway at the time of writing this report.
Please keep coming back to this page as we will be updating it with more developments.