Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal is addressing a news conference on the ongoing strike by MCD workers protesting the non-payment of salaries.
Earlier on Wednesday, Kejriwal had said that he will announce a ‘solution’ to the ongoing crisis.
Here are the highlights of his news conference:
- While BJP indulged in politics, we cleaned up the city
- I want to state will full responsibility that Delhi Govt does not owe a single rupee to the MCD
- MCD has been locked out because the workers have not been given salaries for many months
- We paid 100 Cr extra to East MCD than last 4 year, why can’t they pay salaries to workers?
- There’s an attempt to defame us
- Where has the money collected from toll tax, parking, electricity tax etc gone? All stolen. MCD has become a den of corruption
- MCD earns Rs one Lakh from each hoarding, and yet the MCD earned only Rs 12 crore last year. Where did the rest of money go?
- MCD corruption must be investigated
- We will implement Fourth Finance Commission, you hand over the DDA to us
- These are the times of RTI, anyone can ask for accounts
- Yesterday, MCD lied in High Court by saying they had paid salaries to its staff
- We are giving Rs 550 crore worth loan so that they can pay staff’s salary till January end
- I want to request my brothers and sisters in MCD with folded hands to end the strike
- I would urge Centre to dissolve MCD as it has failed to perform obligatory duties
Modi govt creating atmosphere to impose President’s Rule in Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal