Around 20 civilians killed in Yemen airstrikes


Twenty civilians were killed and dozens of others injured when warplanes of the Saudi-led coalition hit houses in Yemeni capital of Sanaa on Tuesday.

A rescue official told Xinhua news agency,”Two missiles fired from the Saudi-led fighter jets destroyed four houses in al-Sabeen area, killing 20 civilians, mostly women and children.”

Rescue teams are still searching for survivors under the rubble.

Residents said that there was no military target in the residential area nor Houthi leaders or their allies.

The coalition forces have launched fierce airstrikes in Sanaa recently as their troops are advancing to the capital.

Earlier on 8th September, as many as  20 Indian nationals had been killed by Saudi-led coalition air strikes on fuel smugglers at Yemen’s Hodeidah port.

The Indian Embassy in Yemen was shut down in April after evacuation of its nationals.