Former IPL COO Sundar Raman was declared on Monday ‘not gulty’ by the Lodha Committee, constituted by the Supreme Court to determine quantum of punishment for the accused in the 2013 IPL betting-fixing scandal.
The three-member Lodha Committee said its probe “has not been establishment by any cogent evidence”.
“On a close and careful independent look at the evidence and material collected by the Investigating Team, the Committee is of clear opinion that neither Allegation Nos.1 and 5 nor Allegation Nos.2, 3, 4, 6 and 7 stand substantiated justifying any action against Sundar Raman. His direct or indirect involvement in any betting or otherwise wrongful activities has not been establishment by any cogent evidence,” said the Lodha Committee in a separate 20-page report.
The report said that during investigation, the Investigating Team examined 10 witnesses. They are:
- Shri Niranjan Singh Virk working as Anti-Corruption Manager in Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU), International Cricket Council (ICC);
- Sh. Y.P. Singh working as General Manager, ICC-ACSU, Dubai;
- Shri I.S. Bindra, the then President of Punjab Cricket Association and former Advisor to ICC, Dubai;
- Sh. Sanjay Jagdale, the then Hony. Jt. Secretary, BCCI;
- Shri Ravinder Nath Sawani, the then Advisor, ICC, ACSU, Dubai and the then Director, Anti-Corruption Unit, BCCI;
- Shri Virendra Randhawa @ Vindoo Dara Singh, Actor;
- Shri Rahul Sanghvi working as Team Manager of Mumbai Indians;
- Ms. Nupur Mehta, Model/Actress;
- Shri Faisal Shariff working as General Manager (Digital), KK Modi Group;
- Shri Ankit Baldi, the then Assistant to COO, IPL.