A stabbing at a Tube station in east London is being treated as a “terrorist incident,” the Metropolitan Police said.
Police were called on Saturday evening following reports that several people were stabbed at Leytonstone Underground station. The male suspect was reportedly threatening other people with a knife.
A man was arrested, and he remains in custody.
According to reports, the man who apparently shouted “This is for Syria” after stabbing a commuter.
One man suffered serious knife injuries while two other people have sustained minor injuries.
Commander Richard Walton, who leads the Met’s Counter-Terrorism Command, said: “We are treating this as a terrorist incident. I would urge the public to remain calm, but alert and vigilant.
“The threat from terrorism remains at severe, which means that a terrorist attack is highly likely.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in the vicinity of Leytonstone underground station earlier this evening at around 7pm who saw anything suspicious to call the anti-terror hotline on 0800 789 321.
“Anyone who may have captured video or photographic footage of the incident is also urged to make contact with the Counter-Terrorism Command via the Anti Terror hotline”.