3 workers in Bengal leather factory die after inhaling toxic gas

0

Three workers were killed and two others taken ill on Monday after inhaling poisonous gas that leaked from a drainage line in West Bengal’s South 24 Parganas district, police said.

Also Read:  Two elderly persons die while waiting in queue to withdraw money

The incident happened at the Kolkata Leather Complex when five workers were cleaning a drainage line of a tannery.

“The gas had accumulated somehow and when they were cleaning the drain, it escaped. Three workers have been killed and two others have been hospitalised,” Additional Superintendent of Police (East Zone) Arijit Sinha said.

Also Read:  VIDEO: गुजरात के संगीत समारोह में गाना शुरू करने से पहले गायक ने हवा में छोड़ी कई गोलियां

The incident led to other workers staging demonstration, demanding monetary compensation for the victims’ kin.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here