Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday addresses last of his series of Parivartan Rallies in Bhagalpur in Bihar.
As expected, he used the opportunity to launch attacks on his friend-turned-foe, Nitish Kumar and other political rivals in the state.
He accused the Bihar CM of ‘cheating the people of Bihar, reneging on his poll promises and siding with those who harassed Jai Prakash Narayan.’
Here are the highlights of his speech
- Question of remembering Bihar only arises if I had forgotten the state.
- We are being taunted, Modiji remembered Bihar after 14 months. Those who don’t speak the truth, I don’t need to reply to them
- But he( Nitish) said he didn’t have any information. So I asked officials to check if Bihar needed help
- When Nepal was struck by earthquake, I was the first one who called Bihar CM to ask if Bihar was affected
- Now you are only giving Rs 2.7 lakh crore. So where is the Rs 1.6 lakh crore going. Will this go into books of fodder?
- Bihar will get Rs 3 lakh 76000 crore package in five years from finance commission. This is different from my earlier package.
- Everyone has been forced to come on the issue of development in this election due to our package
- Some people still haven’t given up their habits of fooling common people
- Nitish Kumar has joined hands with Congress, which jailed JP. He has abandoned ideology of JP Narayan and Lohia
- Leaders who followed JP sat with those leaders who imprisoned JP and played with JP’s health
- There was no talk on the future of Bihar in their (Swabhiman) rally. Whole India was disappointed
- I will give accounts of every paisa and moments of the five year
- They are not giving any account of past 25 years, why there are no roads, no development
- When the people in power now come ask you for votes, ask them what happened to their promise on electricity