Alok Nath on rape allegations by Vinta Nanda, says someone else would have raped her

0

Alok Nath, the famous sanskari actor of Indian TV and cinema, on Tuesday responded bizarrely to shocking allegations of rape and brutalisation by producer Vinta Nanda.

Alok Nath

Nath told ABP News, “Kuch to log kahenge (People will say something).” Making light of Nanda’s traumatic experiences, Nath said that someone else would have raped the producer of Tara, where the latter had played the role of the male protagonist in the 90s. He said, “Neither I am denying this nor do I would agree with it. It (rape) must have happened, but someone else would have done it. Well, I do not want to talk much about it as for the matter if it has come out, it will be stretched.”

Vinta Nanda on Monday had made stunning disclosures on how she was raped and brutalised in the 90s soon after shooting the famous TV series Tara. Nanda wrote that once she was invited at Alok Nath’s house for a party. She went there because his wife was her best friend.

Nanada went on to write that her drink was mixed with sedative during the party and she began to feel ‘strange.’ “As the evening flowed, my drinks were mixed and I began to feel strange. Then at around 2 am I left his house. Nobody followed me or offered to drop me home, which was what was rather unusual,” she wrote.

Nanda’s long Facebook post continued, “All I knew at the time was that I had to get home. I could sense it wouldn’t be right for me to stay there any longer. I started to walk home on the empty streets although the distance to my own house was long. Midway I was accosted by this man who was driving his own car and he asked me to sit in it and said he would drop me home. I trusted him and sat in his car. I have faint memory after that. I can remember more liquor being poured into my mouth and I remember being violated endlessly.”

Nanda then wrote when she woke up the next afternoon, she was in pain adding that she hadn’t just been raped, she realised that her assaulter had taken her to her own house and brutalised her. “When I woke up the next afternoon, I was in pain. I hadn’t just been raped, I was taken to my own house and had been brutalised,” she wrote.

Reacting swiftly to Nanda’s allegations, Cine And TV Artistes’ Association or CINTAA had said that it was going to serve Nath a show-cause notice. Nanda too spoke to media on Tuesday but made it clear that whilst she was confident of taking her fight to its logical end, she was not going to approach police yet.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here