Cine And TV Artistes’ Association or CINTAA has reacted swiftly to the allegations of rape and brutalisation against TV and film actor Alok Nath by producer Vinta Nanda. Taking to Twitter, the body’s secretary, Sushant Singh, said that a show-cause notice will be sent to Nath to explain on the allegations of sexual assault.
Sushant, himself an actor, wrote, “Dear @vintananda I am so so sorry. As @CintaaOfficial a show-cause Notice will be sent to @aloknath first thing in the mrng, why he shudnt b expld. Unfortunately we’ve to follow the due process. I urge u to file a complaint against this vile creature, we extend u full support.”
Dear @vintananda I am so so sorry. As @CintaaOfficial a show-cause Notice will be sent to @aloknath first thing in the mrng, why he shudnt b expld. Unfortunately we’ve to follow the due process. I urge u to file a complaint against this vile creature, we extend u full support.
— sushant singh (@sushant_says) October 8, 2018
This was after producer Vinta Nanda made stunning disclosures on she was raped and brutalised in the 90s soon after shooting the famous TV series Tara. Nanda wrote that once she was invited at Alok Nath’s house for a party. She went there because his wife was her best friend.
Nanada went on to write that her drink was mixed with sedative during the party and she began to feel ‘strange.’ “As the evening flowed, my drinks were mixed and I began to feel strange. Then at around 2am I left his house. Nobody followed me or offered to drop me home, which was what was rather unusual,” she wrote.
Nanda’s long Facebook post continued, “All I knew at the time was that I had to get home. I could sense it wouldn’t be right for me to stay there any longer. I started to walk home on the empty streets although the distance to my own house was long. Midway I was accosted by this man who was driving his own car and he asked me to sit in it and said he would drop me home. I trusted him and sat in his car. I have faint memory after that. I can remember more liquor being poured into my mouth and I remember being violated endlessly.”
Nanda then wrote when she woke up the next afternoon, she was in pain adding that she hadn’t just been raped, she realised that her assaulter had taken her to her own house and brutalised her. “When I woke up the next afternoon, I was in pain. I hadn’t just been raped, I was taken to my own house and had been brutalised,” she wrote.
This is the second time CINTAA has had to respond to allegations of sexual misconduct affecting woman from its own fraternity. The film body had reacted with profuse apology after actor Tanushree Dutta alleged sexual harassment by Nana Patekar and filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri.
Aside from Patekar and Agnihotri, filmmaker Vikas Bahl, singer Kailash Kher and actor Rajat Kapoor too have been named for sexual misadventure in the ongoing #MeTooIndia campaign on social media.